Monday, February 7, 2011

Getting Started

Today was the first time most of us visited the Haven. We didn't really do a whole lot of volunteering - per say - but we did have a good discussion with Isabel about what it was we were planning to do with Border Angels and how we would accomplish it. She seems to be very passionate about her work and I think that it was a bit shocking to some of the students as to how much work she really puts into something that she doesn't get paid a dime for. We discussed possibly painting a mural on a blank wall that is there at the Haven, however Isabel needs to talk to the owners of the church first, since it is technically their property. Isabel has asked me to be the Border Angels Coordinator for HTHI so I will be her contact when she needs to let the students know something or inform of us a volunteer opportunity, etc. As much as I'm a little concerned about feeling overwhelmed, I'm glad that she feels I can be trusted with being in charge of managing the schedule and responsibilities of myself and my classmates. I hope that when we come back to the Haven on Friday we can actually get started on doing something with Isabel and Border Angels.
**2 Hours

No comments:

Post a Comment